The Idea Fund 2018-19 Internship (August 2018 – May 2019) provides a university/college-enrolled student or young professional with a paid internship opportunity to work in non-profit arts administration. This internship position will provide a range of experiences working on The Idea Fund, a re-granting program administered by DiverseWorks, Aurora Picture Show, and Project Row Houses and funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts. The Idea Fund provides funding for artist-generated or artist-centered projects in the Greater Houston area that exemplify unconventional, interventionist, conceptual, entrepreneurial, participatory, or guerrilla artistic practices.
Primary Intern tasks:
- Website maintenance and updating
- Social media maintenance and updating
- Organization, administrative and data management assistance
- Communication with artists
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Understand The Idea Fund mission and objectives
- Eager to learn, positive attitude and collaborative spirit
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in developing experience into a professional path
- Experience and knowledge of Word Press website management and administration
- Experience and knowledge of managing social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Commitment to working a minimum of 5 hours per week (hours will fluctuate throughout the year)
- Strong writing skills
Rate of $12 an hour, between 6 – 10 hours per week.
Start date: August 1, 2018. End date: May 31, 2019.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 1, 2018
How to Apply: Email a cover letter and resume outlining your educational background and past work experience to Ashley DeHoyos, Assistant Curator, DiverseWorks at [email protected]. Cover letter should address why you are interested in the internship and what you hope to gain from this opportunity. Please include contact details for two professional or academic references.